It’s the August Bank Holiday weekend and set to be a scorcher, so not really leather jacket weather, but as we head into autumn, I guarantee you, if you have a leather jacket in your wardrobe, you will be thankful. I have had my soft and luxe leather jacket for over 10 years now and it is still one of my most versatile and worn wardrobe items and I am so looking forward to giving it more outings as the weather cools and we start layering and covering up. Why?
1. VERSATILITY – a leather jacket goes with so much of your everyday wardrobe, from jeans and tees to floral midi dresses and pleated skirts and blouses, on the school run, after work drinks or ‘out out’.
2. ITS COOL – if you want to instantly add an air of cool to your style, give an ‘edge’ to more feminine wardrobe pieces or breathe new life to older wardrobe items which otherwise feel a bit ‘dated’, throw a biker over.
3. IT FINISHES AN OUTFIT – use a leather jacket to dress down the glam pieces and outfits, and dress up the casual, always adding a polished yet edgy finish. It is a great ‘third piece’ to elevate basic wardrobe separates.
4. WORKS FOR EVERY SHAPE – you can find a leather jacket to suit your style and shape, from tough and embellished boxy styles to more tailored and draped, soft luxe leather.
5. FOREVER FASHION – they are a timeless classic and work well across the seasons-the perfect trans-seasonal piece to take your wardrobe from one season to the next.
How fab are these jackets, outfits and styling from Pretty Special Jackets @pretty_special_jackets who make the most gorgeous embellished leather jackets. Their Instagram feed is so stunning too.