Helping you stay confident, sane & stylish from bump to beyond…
As My Stylish Friend, I would love to help you survive and enjoy your pregnancy and ‘mummy hood’ in confidence and style – from your early bump days to your post-baby bloom and breastfeeding hours.
I offer one-on-one personal styling consultations, group styling parties, personal shopping, a virtual online shopping service (My PinStyle using Pinterest ‘style edits’) and wardrobe workouts for expectant mums & new mums.
As a Mummy of three and a professional stylist by trade, I know how daunting your first bump can be (not to mention the dreaded Mummy Tummy that follows). Apart from the usual “how on earth am I going to know how to care for a tiny human” worries, gaining a bump (and bigger behind too for that matter) can often cause a loss of body confidence and style…
Very quickly, your body takes on a newfound shape which over nine months continues to change & more often than not, once your bump has gone, is never quite the same again. Not only is there a new baby on the scene to look after (and dress!) 24/7, but you will welcome giant boobs (which eventually flop and drop), a sagging tummy and wider waist and hips. Unless you are a celeb or superfit gym bunny, fitting back into your pre-pregnancy wardrobe is likely to take longer than you imagine.
Finding a comfortable yet stylish, on trend and great fitting wardrobe that works for you, your pregnancy and well into motherhood is a challenging task… So I am here to help! Don’t let your pregnancy get in the way of your style.
I have decided to put my mummy experience (having had two bumps including a larger than life twin bump I feel pretty qualified in that department!), my fashion background as an ex-Fashion Editor and wealth of style knowledge to good use and help other mummies not only survive pregnancy and motherhood, but survive in style.
One-on-one Maternity/Mama styling consultations
I will come along to your home at a time to suit you, armed with a clothes rail of inspirational maternity and breastfeeding outfits as well as fashion, style and motherhood advice galore. We will begin by just chatting about you, your style and what you wear that makes you feel confident and happy and then move on to how your body is going to change, adapting your wardrobe for pregnancy and motherhood and the what/where/when and how of maternity and breastfeeding clothes.
Duration: 2 – 4 hours | Location: Your home
SESSION CAN INCLUDE
- How your body will change from bump to beyond
- Adapting, not losing your style, for maximum confidence
- The shapes, colours and styles that will flatter your changing body
- Maternity fashion and style advice, tips and tricks
- The what/where/when/how of maternity and breastfeeding wear
- Savvy shopping advice for your bump, breastfeeding and beyond
- Where to buy maternity and breastfeeding friendly wear locally
- Online shopping guide
- Adapting your existing wardrobe for pregnancy & motherhood
- Creating a maternity capsule wardrobe
- The expectant edit – styles to suit each trimester
- Maternity workwear solutions (hiding or styling your bump)
- The how to and benefits of non-maternity maternity wear
- Off duty staples to carry you through into motherhood
- Summer events, holiday wear and wedding outfit advice
- Maternity and breastfeeding bra guide
- What to pack in your hospital bag (for you!)
- Breastfeeding friendly clothes
- Introduction to My Pinstyle (my virtual Pinterest shopping service)
- 10% off additional styling services within your pregnancy and first 12 months of motherhood
New mum consultations
If you have recently had a baby or are stuck in a toddler mum style rut where you are sans bump, low in confidence and with some unwanted but extra baggage and saggage, I am here to help.
As new mums there is a lot to juggle, so why not let me step in and help on the style front. Once you are out of your pjs and nursing or venturing to the baby and toddler group in some simple yet chic mama harem pants, slogan tee and statement trainers, you will feel like a new woman.
Trust me. To stay sane… get stylish.
My Stylish Friend offers all sorts of styling sessions to suit you… I can come to your home and help detox your wardrobe and advise on new stylish purchases, take you out shopping or help you with some stylish finds online…
Or for a fun and informal option, why not get together with some fellow mums stuck in a style rut and host a Style Party… I come along to your home for two hours at a day and time to suit you, for a fun and informal evening of style advice and inspiration for you and your friends.